A ton has happened in Sam's life since Mommy last wrote. To start with, Sam celebrated his first birthday!!! Daddy made a cake. Sam opened his presents gradually, that seemed to be the best choice. He got lots of wonderful presents! That evening friends from Gbg came, Magnus and Jenny, with their daughters Kajsa (2 1/2) and Lisa (10 months). It was really fun to watch the kids playing separately and together. The Homanns stayed for a couple days and Sam got to go to Skansen for the first time. He found the bears and the seals interesting but was very scared of the goats and cows.
This week Sam got to meet his Great Grandma Lynn and his Great Aunt Annabelle who were over from the States. Yesterday we all went to Drottningholm. Sam had a lot of fun on the boat ride there and back although on the way back the boat whistle scared him. He had a nap in his stroller while the grownups ate ice cream at the cafe at the China Pavillion on Drottningholm. Mommy thought it was great that Sam got a chance to meet them.
Also since Mommy last wrote, Sam has:
- started using certain signs, like 'more,' 'eat', 'wait,' and 'milk.' Mommy has ordered a book about baby signing so hopefully she'll be able to introduce more useful ones soon.
- started walking around the table and playing standing at the couch. He has also used his 'learn-to-walk' wagon on his own a few times, although he still doesn't know how to turn it.
- started waving (sort of)
- started anticipating the next part of books and songs
- started saying 'vroom vroom' about cars and pretty much anything else with wheels
- gotten some more Maisy books and a Maisy stuffed toy and begun to make the connection between the toy and the books (Maisy is a HUGE hit)
- begun to feed himself finger foods like Cheerios and cookie and begun to try to get his own water from a bottle