Sam now seems to be fully recovered from the fall. Since Mommy last wrote, Sam has:
- been on a brief picnic with the July group; the weather didn't cooperate so Sam ended up playing at Kulturhuset with a couple of the other July boys
- gotten his first dump truck which he loved immediately (although he crawled over it today and sort of fell, resulting in some tears)
- been to the English-speaking play group again. He started a game of peek-a-boo that some of the other kids joined.
- ridden on the see-saw with another kid for the first time
- started to make it clear to M&D that he understands some basic words
- been introduced to a few new signs. Mommy is hoping that M&D using the same signs for a few things will help Sam, kind of a unifying language although not at all a complete one.
- continued to show a lot of interest in walking, but still no real steps.
Sam now has 5 teeth out, 3 up and 2 down. He also got another shot. Sam is still not going to bed until late making it hard for M to get up at a reasonable time, but the lightest day is coming right up and as it gets darker M bets it will be easier. Sam also continues to be quite talkative. He also will now chase M&D with books.
M's solution of bringing the Didymos or another sling on walks, picking Sam up when he's tired, and then putting him back down when he falls asleep has been working fairly well, making walks less stressful for Mommy, so that's good.